Verizon owners here is a surprisingly good news for you. The big red carrier has started rolling out the Android 4.3 update with Galaxy Gear compatibility for the Galaxy S4.
The carrier has managed to start rolling out the update before T-Mobile, Sprint, US Cellular and AT&T. The update adds support for Samsung KNOX, apart from a bunch of other enhancements and improvements.
The official change-log of the update are as follows -:
SUPPORT HAS BEEN ADDED TO:
• Blocking Mode feature in Settings Menu
• Enabling NFC feature before using Group Play
• Samsung Knox, Security Enhanced for Android
CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO:
• OS has been upgraded to Android Jellybean 4.3 OS
• Starter Mode renamed to Easy Mode
• Viewdini stub application has been removed (note: customers
who already downloaded the full application will not lose it)
IMPROVEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO:
• Weatherbug application “auto-refresh”
• Mobile Hotspot now works with the Data Usage Meter
• Video app crashing has been resolved
• Call audio issue while on a call and taking a picture have been
If you own a Verizon branded Galaxy S4, you should get the OTA update pop-up notification within the next few days on your handset. The Verizon branded Galaxy S3 and Note 2 should also get the Android 4.3 update by the first week of December.