Remember that girl who got burned by her Galaxy S III? Third party battery to blame.

BY Stefan Constantinescu

Published 22 Jul 2013

pretty terrible burn on her leg after a Samsung Galaxy S III caught on fire in her trouser pocket at work. That story, for reasons I don’t understand, was passed around like wildfire.

Well, the phone was sent in for inspection, the tests have been concluded, and it turns out the girl is at fault. She purchased a third-party battery for her phone, according to the Swiss publication Le Matin. In other words, Samsung is off the hook.

Personally, I’d never, ever, ever, in a million years, recommend you buy batteries for you expensive smartphone from anyone other than the company that designed the battery for your smartphone. Same goes with laptops.

[Via: All About Samsung]