The Rumor Mill has been busy lately regarding the Galaxy S6, but considering some rumors suggest it could be launched as early as March 2, that shouldn’t be a surprise.
On the heels of a report stating that Samsung would use its own Exynos processor under the hood of its next flagship Galaxy S smartphone, a new report from BGR claims to detail the specifications of the Galaxy S6 in detail. The report cites photographs and detailed information obtained by the publication from an unnamed source, but also states that they are “not allowed” to publish the images they received. As a result, the report only includes a bullet list of still-rumored specs.
- 64-bit eight-core 14nm CPU which is 50% faster
- 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display with a 577ppi density, stunning outdoor visibility, super dim mode for late night.
- A huge 20 megapixel OIS camera sensor and a 5 megapixel f/1.8 front-facing camera with real-time HDR
- 32 / 64 / 128GB of storage
- 2550mAh battery
- Built-in wireless charging
- Four hours of usage on a 10 minute charge
- Quick connect charging
- Samsung Pay: works with 90% of existing magnetic stripe payment terminals, and NFC payment terminals
- Metal and glass body
- Gorilla Glass 4
- Cat 6 LTE
Indeed, while obviously not official by any means, if this is the handset that Samsung plans to launch this year, it will take the cake for one of the most powerful smartphones on the market. Of course, without knowing the full details just yet, it’s still worth taking it all in with a grain of salt.
What do you think of the rumored specs?[via BGR]