Motorola is kicking off its big promotion on the Moto X, dropping the price down to a low $349. Sales start today at Noon EST with the handset being offered on a first come, first serve basis. Read on for some tips to help make the buying process as easy as possible.
Motorola has changed things around since Cyber Monday’s sale caused its servers to go belly up. As a result, Moto X buyers won’t have to deal with a glitchy website as they race to configure their phone and head to checkout. Instead, customers will simply register on the site with their name and email, and a promo code will be sent to that email within a few hours. Customers will have one week to redeem the code and design their phone.
The promo code will be entered during the checkout process and will automatically take $150 off an order. This allows customers to buy a 16GB or 32GB handset for a discounted price. Once that first code is entered, customers can add a second code (THANKS) to take an additional 30% off accessories. Some good news if you still have a Moto X in your shopping cart from Monday. You still have to register to get a promo code like everybody else, but once you receive your code, you can go immediately to checkout. You don’t have to redesign your phone again.
Straight from Motorola, here are the steps you’ll need to follow to grab your Moto X phone later today:
- Go to www.motorola.com/us/home or motorola.com/holiday2daysale and register for the promotion starting at noon EST on the two sale days. You will know right away if quantities are still available.
- Once registered, you will be emailed a promo code within a few hours. This code is active for one week.
- Go to Moto Maker and design your phone within the one week window (take your time and have fun!).
- At checkout, enter your one-time promo code to receive $150 off the no-contract price in the shopping cart. (Your code only works once and for one phone.)
- Submit your order to get rocking with your custom Moto X in time for the holidays. Moto Maker will provide an estimated delivery date while you design your product and again at checkout. You will also receive an email when we start assembling your device as well as when it ships.
Hopefully, this new checkout process will ease the burden on Motorola’s servers and the reservation process will go smoothly. If you miss out today, don’t worry as Motorola will hold a similar sale on Monday. Do you plan on buying a Moto X today?
Update: The Moto X offer for Wednesday, December 4th is sold out. All the handset reservations were gone within 9 minutes. If you didn’t get one today, then check back on Monday, when a second round of sales will kick off again.