Samsung Galaxy S4 catches fire while the owner was asleep, luckily everyone is OK

BY Stefan Constantinescu

Published 10 Jul 2013

Yesterday I brought you news of a teenage girl in Switzerland who was badly burned when her Samsung Galaxy S3 exploded in her pocket. Today, there’s new coming out of the United Arab Emirates about a person who left their GS4 charging on their nightstand, something that sounds completely reasonable, and woke up at two in the morning to a strange and horrible smell.

What was the cause of that smell? Well, just look at the photos above. What’s crazy is that this guy tried getting his GS4 replaced, but no one would help him. It was only after he brought this story to the media’s attention that Samsung obviously contacted him, took his defective unit in for investigation, and gave him a new GS4.