Verizon Galaxy S3 owners, here is some news to brighten up your day. The big red carrier will soon start pushing a major update for your handset that will enable multi-window mode, and bring some other new software goodies as well. The software update, however, does not bring a bump in the Android version, which remains intact at Android 4.1.2.
T-Mobile and Sprint recently rolled out similar update for their variants of the Galaxy S3. With Verizon’s roll out of the update imminent, only AT&T’s variant of the Galaxy S3 is left without the multi-window feature in the U.S.
The OTA update weighs in at a hefty 129MB, and also includes Paper Artist app, an enhanced Camera and Gallery app, and some bug-fixes among other things. The official change-log for the update from Verizon support page is as follows -:
- Access your Wi_Fi connection easily on multiple devices when in Hotspot mode
- Use ‘bill to my Verizon Wireless Account’ when buying apps from Google Play
- Access phone screen without unlocking device when connected via Bluetooth headset
- Use two apps simultaneously side-by-side with Multi Screen and Multi Window
- Categorize and display images, photos and videos with Samsung Gallery
- Sync two devices and share content seamlessly with S Beam’s ‘Auto Share Shot’
- Transfer content easily between devices with Samsung Smart Switch tool
- Get popup suggestions from Page Buddy when connected to accessories like a wired stereo headset
- Tag weather, people and place information in photos and video with Contextual tag
- Arrange apps in order of frequency of use or faster access with Contextual App link
- Pick the perfect group picture from five burst shorts with ‘Best Shot’
- Select and customise specific folders by category with My files tool
- Save MMS attachments in your Gallery for quick posting and sharing
- Create a variety of image styles with Paper Artist tool
The update is not yet live, but Verizon should start the roll-out before the weekend begins.
Via – Android Police