You didn't seriously think Samsung could announce its next big flagship smartphone at IFA in two weeks without every detail about it being leaked ahead of time, did you?
The latest info dump comes courtesy of SamMobile, who claims to have detailed information about the camera hardware and software in the upcoming phablet. In short, it's every bit the camera you'd expect Samsung to load into it's latest flagship.
You can expect to see a 16 megapixel Sony IMX240 sensor on the back, with optical image stabilization—the same camera sensor in the Korea-only LTA-A variant of the Galaxy S5. According to SamMobile, the software will support the following shooting modes and effects:
- 16MP (5312×2988 | 16:9)
- 12MP (3984×2988 | 4:3)
- 9MP (2976×2976 | 1:1)
- 8MP (3264×2448 | 4:3)
- 6MP (3264×1836 | 16:9)
- 2.4MP (2048×1152 | 16:9)
- UHD (3840×2160 | 16:9 | 30FPS)
- WQHD (2560×1440 | 16:9 | 30FPS)
- Full HD (1920×1080 | 16:9 | 30/60FPS)
- HD (1280×720 | 16:9 | 15/30/120FPS)
- VGA (640×480 | 4:3 | 30FPS)
- Wide Selfie: Take wide-angle selfie shots to fit more people into your pictures.
- Selfie: Take selfies easily by smiling or winking without the need to reach for the camera button.
- Selfie Alarm: The rear camera will automatically detect and focus on your face when you take self-portrait pictures.
- Create A GIF File: Create animated images by taking pictures continuously.
- Beauty Face: Take flawless portrait pictures with an airbrushed effect.
- Shot & More: Explore the various effects available for burst shots.
- Sound & Shot: Enrich your pictures by adding a few seconds of background sound.
- Best photo: Select the best from a series of pictures.
- Best face: Select the best picture of each person from a series of pictures.
- Drama: Take a series of pictures of a moving object, then merge them.
- Eraser: Erase unwanted moving objects from your picture.
- Panning shot: Capture a sense of motion when taking pictures of moving objects.
- Dual Camera: You can take pictures and record videos using the front and rear cameras at the same time.
- Animated Photo: Create a picture containing selected moving objects by animating certain parts of the picture.
Grey-scale, Sepia, Negative, Emboss, Outline, Watercolour, Monochrome, Sketch, Washed Out, Posterise, Solarise, Vintage, Cold Vintage, Warm Vintage, Blue, Green Point, Red/Yellow, Nostalgia, Faded Colour, Retro, Sunshine, Old Photo, Cartoon, Oil Pastel, Moody, Engraving, Vignette, Rugged, Tint, Turquoise, Fisheye, Noir Note and Vincent.