Cheap games, music, and movie rentals from Google Play are becoming as much of an annual holiday tradition as unwrapping presents or your aunt’s overcooked turkey.
There are plenty of good deals to be had this year—Google Play is offering 75 percent off a single movie rental, half off an album purchase, and 90 days of Google Play Music streaming for $1 (this also includes YouTube Red). The subscription offer is only for those who have yet to try out the service, however.
If it’s games or apps you’re after, you’ll find a large collection of titles with a deep discount. The list has slowly expanded in the run-up to Christmas, so we may see more jump on board over the holidays. Here are some of the best deals.
- Lara Craft GO: $1 (originally $5)
- Hitman GO: $1 (originally $5)
- Star Wars Pinball: $0.10 (originally $2)
- Castle of Illusion: $1 (originally $10)
- Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition: $3.58 (originally $10)
- Star Walk - Astronomy Guide: $1 (originally $3)
- NBA Jam: $0.10 (originally $5)
Why this matters: Great sales often extend to the digital world during the holidays. It’s a great time to see if that game you had an eye on is going for the “impulse buy” rate of a dollar or less. For publishers, there’s bound to be a batch of new device activations, and cheap content is a good way to get Android users hooked into buying stuff from Google Play.